Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
45002201

Friends of mine live in the same coop as I do and there has

Friends of mine live in the same coop as I do and there has been a campaign of harrassment to get them to leave because they are handicapped and have dogs. They need a lawyer that will not be intimidated.

Chris T., JD :

Good afternoon. I'd be glad to help you with your question.

Chris T., JD :

If there are efforts being made to cause them to leave because they are handicapped (which includes their right to have dogs to help aid them with their disability), they do have protections under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).

Customer:

They need a really good advocate. Do you know of someone in Pittsburgh PA who could represent them?

Chris T., JD :

The terms of Just Answer do not allow me to refer them to a specific attorney. However, I can point you to a couple of resources that will help. They should use www.martindale.com or www.lawyers.com. Both are reputable attorney referral services. They both allow you to search for lawyers by location and practice area. Also, importantly, they both rate lawyers, so they can be sure they are getting quality representation.

Chris T., JD :

Also, once they decide on a few, they should interview more than just one, asking them their experience with the ADA, and thoughts on the case. Hiring a lawyer is just like hiring anyone else...they should not just pick one and not look at others.

Customer:

Okay, what area of law should I look for?

Chris T., JD :

They should look for ADA lawyers or disability lawyers.

Chris T., JD :

Also, they could consider landlord/tenant lawyers.

Customer:

Okay, thankyou for your help.

Chris T., JD :

Glad to help.

Chris T., JD :

If there isn't anything else I can do for you, please remember to "rate" my answer before you go.