How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16622
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my ex husband and I have a court order to sell our home,

This answer was rated:

If my ex husband and I have a court order to sell our home, do we have to if both ofvus agree not to sell it? us there a motion we can file to remove that court order?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

If both of you have agreed not to sell the house, someone in your situation can submit a Motion to Modify Court Order based on your mutual agreement and the judge will review the situation and would generally go along with the wishes of the ex-spouses, as long as, such wishes do not adversly effect anyone else, such as minor children, etc...

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.
Alex J. Esq. and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does my ex husband and I need to file for the same motion or does he need to sign the form I fille out?

Dear Susan,

Generally a Motion would have to be filed by either you or your husband and it can be stipulated in the Motion that both parties agree on this issue.

I wish you the best of luck!