Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Can I get sued for writing about and drugs with famous

Can I get sued for...
Can I get sued for writing about sex and drugs with famous people I knew in the seventies?
10/27/2013
Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Assuming you would be using the people's real names, you could be sued, since you can pretty much be sued for anything these days.

However, unless you are making false statements (that could be proven to be false by the people whom you are making them about), they would not be able to SUCCESSFULLY sue you for anything.

They would be suing you under a theory of defamation, for making false and damaging statements about them in your book, but could only win if they could demonstrate that they are false. I presume that you would be writing a true account of events, so in that case, while you could be sued, you would not be found liable.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any clarifying or follow up questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service. Please contact me first if you are contemplating leaving me a negative rating, as I’ll be happy to continue to address your concerns until you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work. (It doesn’t cost you anything extra and is necessary even though you’ve made a deposit). Please also rate me highly (9-10) when you receive your customer satisfaction survey as well.

Thanks and best of luck!

-Joseph
Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer

You're reply was what I've already been told, perhaps I should be more specific, because of the graphic content, self publishing companies like Balboa Press are demanding I change all names and locations, including Palm Beach and Manhattan, I am not willing to do it, I'm going to give you a good rating for you're answer, but if I pay for a full month will I able to talk to you directly with some very specific questions, or will I get a random person? There are other specific legalities of publishing I'd like to ask you.

Hello Wallace,

You would be able to request me directly by placing to Joseph at the beginning of your question.

You can also request me directly using my url here:

http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-joepatterson/
Hello Wallace,

Thank you for your positive rating of my service! It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should you have future legal questions.

Please request me directly by placing “to Joseph” at the beginning of your question or you can ask a question directly to me through my URL here:

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and best of luck,

Joseph
Joseph
Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer