Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

We sold a house. The people that bought it wanted the bottle

We sold a house. The people that bought it wanted the bottle gas left it is 3/4 full they don't think they should pay for it. We felt like they should. Is it right for them to pay for what's left at the price it was bought at?

Ray :

Hi and welcome to Just Answer.I am Ray and will be assisting you today.

Ray :

The bottle here is not included in the sale unless it was in the sales contract that it was included. A propane bottle is not a fixture and it is not attached to or a part of the house.

Ray :

You have a right here to your bottle unless they want to purchase it from you.They have no legal basis to claim the boltle for free since it was not included in the sales contract and it is not a fixture.

Ray :

You are correct they should buy it from you or you can claim it since it belongs to you.

Customer:

Ok thank you for your help.

Ray :

For this to have been included it would have had to have been in the sales contract and both parties signed.

Ray :

Thanks again for the chance to help you .

Ray :

If you can leave a postive rating it is always appreciate.d

Ray :

Have a great evening.

Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "Ray" .

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please consider rating me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.