How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawHelpNow Your Own Question
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7639
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawHelpNow is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I qualify for elder protection? I am 64 and was beaten by

Customer Question

Do I qualify for elder protection? I am 64 and was beaten by my 23 year old adopted daughter. She slapped me, shoved me down and left bruises. She dumped wine on me. I defended myself and broke free of her. I slapped her in the face. When she was holding my wrists I bit her. I live alone. I have osteopenia. In the last 5 years I have broken my wrist, my ankle and my foot. I have also severely sprained both of my ankles. Two of these injuries occurred when I fell down the stairs. My doctor continues to screen me for osteoporosis. My daughter has an alcohol problem. She has attacked me before. She does not live with me. Even with the above injuries she does not come to help me. I was arrested this week when my daughter reported me for assault. But she came to my house and slapped me first. What can I do.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 3 years ago.

Hello Kathy,

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney and am very happy to try and answer your question today. I am truly sorry for your predicament but am pleased to share some good news with you.

Yes, you most certainly do qualify based upon your description of what has been taking place. There is a free resource available to assist you if you would like to seek help. You may contact the Department of Social and Health Services free of charge at(NNN) NNN-NNNN All you need to do is share with the intake specialist as you have posted here. You are also able to seek elder protection from the Court. You can either submit the paperwork yourself (click the following link) or contact your local Court Clerk and ask for help. Again, all of this assistance is also entirely free of charge to you by statewide statute.

Vulnerable Adult Protection Order

If you have a follow-up question or need clarification, please just say the word by using "reply" to reach me. I will be sure to check back for any further word from you when I am again working online in this forum.

I truly hope all works out for you and that the information I have provided proves useful. Thanks so much for using this service!

Take care,

Ben, J.D.