Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

i own a trailer in a campsite it cost me 2500 per year to keep

i own a trailer in a campsite it cost me 2500 per year to keep it there if i sell it why would the new owner have to pay lot rent since iam already paid up until april?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

The owner of the lot cannot collect rent from you and the new owner for the same lot for the same time period. He either needs to refund your prepaid rent as of the date that you transfer the lot (and then the new owner would have to pay the rest) or he can allow you to transfer your lot for those months to the new owner. But if the rent is paid until April, the owner of the campsite can't make the new owner pay more.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well they do they charged me the first year...

Do you have documentation from the seller showing that the lot is paid through April? Do you have a contract with the owner for monthly rent?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it is paid yearly..not monthly states in the contract that it is non transferable

If the lot rent is paid yearly and doesn't transfer, then the owner would be required to issue a refund to the old owner and is allowed to collect rent from the new owner.

If the contract for the sale included the lot rent, then the new owner can require the old owner to reimburse him or any amounts that he has to pay the lot owner. This is because the agreement between buyer and seller cannot be imposed upon third parties that were not part of that transaction.