How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I let a person stay for a few weeks in my San Francisco apartment

This answer was rated:

I let a person stay for a few weeks in my San Francisco apartment till he found a place. He now will not move out. I can't have him stay here any longer. How do I get him out?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your legal question.

You can attempt to call the police and ask them to have him removed by telling them that he was a guest who won't leave and has no lease agreement or rights to be in the building. The police do not have to help you here, and may tell you that this is a civil matter for you to handle on your own. If they say that, then you will have to actually file an eviction action against him the the SF courts.

You first need to send a three day eviction notice. You can do this immediately, using the following form: otice?utm_source=1014&utm_campaign=Scribd+Search&keyword=3%20day%20eviction%20notice%20california&mtype=e&ad=29027503716&pkw=3%20day%20eviction%20notice%20california&mkwid=NfgO1xan_dc&pcrid=29027503716&pmt=e&plc=&gclid=CPKqmP2zrroCFQLl7AodUgsAFA

If after 3 days he has not left, then you file the eviction suit. To file the eviction, follow the directions found on this site:

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am credited by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Kind regards,
TexLaw and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions