Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I want to use the name Picasso Piano Academy for my business.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX...
I want to use the name Picasso Piano Academy for my business. My name is XXXXX XXXXX Can I be sued for this?
10/23/2013
Sam, Attorney at Law

Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard

The answer is You may use the name. And you cannot be sued for it. So if the name of Picasso Piano Academy is available via the Secretary of State of Illinois when you file your LLC or other corporate documents you are good to go. There is no issue with any use of the name Picasso in the same way as if you wanted to use the name Samuel. There is no copyright on the name. Only his assets.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.

Sam, Attorney at Law
Sam, Attorney at Law