How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117460
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Epa wants us to get rid of my 16 year olds project truck and

This answer was rated:

Epa wants us to get rid of my 16 year olds project truck and any vehicle not used often and any bushes or building they deem unsightly, when this property was purchased we made sure there were no restrictions on the property. Alexandria, alabama is not considered a city or township. We were sent a letter giving us approximately 6 weeks to clear it out by the law of any city or town. What are our rights?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

It appears you are being cited for an alleged nuisance or possible health hazard, which falls under government's enforcement powers. You have the right to go before the local court and present evidence in the court that the vehicles and buses and buildings are not a nuisance or safety hazard and as such are not required to be removed. If the local court denies you, then you have the right to go to the appeals courts.

You need to engage a local attorney to represent you on this as this is a type of case that requires legal argument and if you make a mistake in the lower court it could hurt your chances on appeal to try to get it reversed.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you