Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.
14472836

I need to file for divorce. I dont have much money. My husband

I need to file for divorce. I dont have much money. My husband abandoned us whe she was six monthsold and has only see her once since then. She is almost 4. I dont know where to start or how much this will cost me. I also have another child with my current boyfriend. Will that cause any trouble?
Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today.

I need some information to assist you.

Do you have an address for your husband ?

Will he contest the divorce

Does you husband work
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have no idea where he is. All I know is that he is in north east texas. I am not sure if he will. I hope not. He does have a job and the only reason I know that is because child support is automatically taken out of his checks. He doesnt have the option to not pay.

AG should know where he is. The situation with your boy friend and child will not make a difference.

As far as cost you could expect a full service firm to charge upto $4000 for an uncontested divorce

You can call the bar association and see if they have attorneys that handle low income clients at a reduced rate.

You ca also call legal aid. If you qualify there is no cost to you.

There are also some attorney who charge a few hundred dollars that do noting more than submit your paperwork for an uncontested divorce. They advertise in newspapers, and on craigslist.

Please accept my answer with a rating of 3 or better so I may get credit for my response. If you have follow up questions please ask. Please note that paying the deposit does not cause funds to be disbursed until you rate my response (3 or greater).

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Since I am still technically married, would there be a conflict with me second child that I have with my boyfriend if I can not get my divorce?

No there is no conflict. The fact you have a another child would be the a grounds for divorce (adultery). It will not affect your ability to get a divorce.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not what I meant. Would my son be considered my husbands child if I don't get divorced

Yes, unless you husband contests paternity.Under the law a child born to a married couple is presumed to be the child of the husband.