How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have 2 siblings in my for 2 years not related to me but taking

This answer was rated:

I have 2 siblings in my for 2 years not related to me but taking care of them. mom had given me legal guardianship of one year which is expired.what shoul I do now?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

Does the mother have actual legal custody of these 2 children?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes she has legal custody.

Thank you for your follow up.

The biological mother who has the custody would have to file petition to extend the temporary legal guardianship for the 2 minor children through the court and the court will review the petition and upon review will decide whether to order temporary or permanent legal guardianship to you.

If the mother cannot afford a private attorney to assist her with the filing of this petition, then the mother can contact local legal aid society and apply for free legal service.

I wish you the best of luck!
Alex J. Esq. and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you