How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if a child is taken away because one parent say the parent

This answer was rated:

if a child is taken away because one parent say the parent was hurting the child but its not true what are the right steps to take and what kind of rights does the other parent have

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard

Please tell me

1 - what do you mean by "taken away" from whom

2 - briefly tell me what happened please

3 - what is the status of the situation as it stands
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Child service took child from mom custody and gave temp full custody to dad because he and medical worker say look like child was abives but the child child wasn't father did same thing at this time last year so what steps or do need to hire a laywer again


I am sorry to hear of this matter

I suggest that you need to wait and see what Child Services says is the result of its investigation. If they come back and say the child was abused, then I suggest yes, it would be beneficial for you to consult with a local attorney

I am sorry to hear of this matter.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They have say that looks like 3 year old was hurt by the mom so tempary order is in order right now thats why I need to no next step to take

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So what should I do


Wel, a Temporary Order means there has to be a hearing of which you will need to go and show that you did not abuse the child. This is when you should have a local attorney present to help you get the child returned.
Sam and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you