How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I am active national guard, stationed in Washington, but

This answer was rated:

If I am active national guard, stationed in Washington, but primary residence with spouse. In California file in Washington. Or do I need to file in California.


My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard

Please tell me what you are filing for? A divorce?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes a divorce, sorry I have a lot at stake and if I mess this up it could put me under for ever.


Thank you

You actually can file for divorce in either state.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.

Sam and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you