How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife took our 1 year old child after I was gone for three

This answer was rated:

My wife took our 1 year old child after I was gone for three days (due to work schedule I am a fireman work shift work) she wrote a letter telling me she was not coming back and not to look for her also how terrible I am. What can I do. It has been 7 days and no contact I tried phone, email, friends.....nothing.


My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you with information in this regard.

I am sorry that you are experiencing this matter

I suggest you can contact the police and provide them with the note that she left for you. Explain that you only want to know that you child is ok. The situation is not considered parental kidnapping because each parent has a right to the custody of the child until there is a Court Order stating otherwise.

So, I suggest that you then may want to go to court and file for custody of your child - tell the clerk that your wife has left, you don't know where but you would like an emergency hearing so that when the child is located, you can have a Court Ordered custody to have the child returned to you.

Unfortunately, the police may tell you they can't do anything because it is a civil family law matter and then in that case, you will need to hire a PI to find your wife and then have the Temporary Order that you have for custody served and get your child until a court makes a permanent decision on custody

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.

Sam and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

She is a risk to take child to Mexico (she might be there). Also she took my truck under my name and bought before we were married can I remove the vehicle from her. I am not trying to be vindictive because I don't want a divorce but it is not what I want. If I can not talk to her we can not come to terms on anything.


Yes, you can get the vehicle. And if she has gone to Mexico and you get that court order then you can go and retrieve your child.