How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years representing clients with their legal issues
Type Your Legal Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We claimed bankruptcy. I had a lawsuit pending for personal

This answer was rated:

We claimed bankruptcy. I had a lawsuit pending for personal injury which was attached. Creditors were paid and money was dispersed to me. Now my lawyer said that the trustee made a mistake and wants money back. He made this dispersement over two months ago. What r my rights

Hello and thank you for your question. For over 35 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.


if trustee made a mistake, it is not as simple as asking you for the money back. Instead, he must first petition the judge and explain how is error occurred. Likewise, the court will then decide if the trustee should be responsible for his mistake or if the money should be returned. So make the trustee work for the money and hope that the judge agrees with you.


Please rate my answer ok or better so that I am paid for helping you.

dylatess and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you