Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I was pulled over and I do not have a drivers license in Ohio(

Customer Question

I was pulled over and I do not have a drivers license in Ohio( ( where I live) I am from Miami and I had handed in mt Florida license when I registerd in Toronto, however I never applied for a drivers license because I was afraid that it would be withheld cause of past child support from mIami.. I have to appear in court and am scared. What should I do?
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.
Hello

My name is Samuel and I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard

It appears the fine is about $150. There is no jail time attached to this. I suggest you will have to tell the court that you owe back support and so never applied for a license because you figured it would be denied. There is nothing else you can do

You will be fined and told you cannot drive without a license. Of course, it you are caught again the fine will increase and the court can impose a restriction that you not be allowed to get a license for 6 months to a year.

And on a subsequent offense, the court may impose a 30 day jail sentence in addition to a about a $1000 fine

I suggest you only have the truth to rely on in this situation

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.