How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how do you have a company from Afghanistan open a business

This answer was rated:

how do you have a company from Afghanistan open a business and even register them self's as a company in Houston Texas. The purpose for this also is to be able to register with NATO in order to bid on more US/NATO Contracts any where in the world.

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you,


Under Texas law, any business entity that was not organized under the laws of Texas is considered a "foreign company". This includes business entities that were formed in another State or in a country outside the United States. They are permitted to do business in Texas if they register their company with the Texas Secretary of State. The authority for this is found in the Texas Business Organizations Code and specifically, Section 9.001



Texas Business Organizations Code Section 9.001 lists the type of foreign business entities which are required to file an application for registration with the Texas Secretary of State if they want to "transact" business in the State of Texas:

  • corporations;
  • limited partnerships;
  • limited liability partnerships;
  • limited liability companies;
  • business trusts;
  • real estate investment trusts;
  • cooperatives;
  • public or private limited companies;
  • any other foreign entity that, if formed in Texas, would be formed as a corporation, limited partnership, limited liability company, professional association, cooperative, or real estate investment trust; and
  • any other foreign entity that affords limited liability under the law of its jurisdiction of formation for any owner or member.


Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,


Positive Feedback and Bonus are always welcome,


If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, Please rate a 10 as it gives me a greater opportunity to assist other customers on this website and is greatly appreciated,



Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,








Andrea, Esq. and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you