Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

after a father is ordered to attend anger mgmt classes for

physically handling her and he...
after a father is ordered to attend anger mgmt classes for physically handling her and he is put on some sort of probation, then he continues texting, calling and verbbally berating her, what are her options and rights regarding further legal actions?
10/14/2013
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Dwayne B. :

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

Dwayne B. :

Was he placed on probation in criminal court or in family court?

Dwayne B. :

And is he still on probation?

Customer:

criminal court. and he is no longer on it.

Customer:

It was only 60 days - and that was 6 months ago

Dwayne B. :

You can go to the police or the DA and ask them to prosecute him for harassment.

Dwayne B. :

You could also file for an injunction through civil court but that's going to cost you some money and the DA may be able to get a protective order as a part of the harassment charge.

Customer:

So it clearly is harassment? I have no criminal record and no judgements against me for anything. His family has money and mine is average middle class. Does he have any grounds for the things he is saying he can do ?

Dwayne B. :

Nothing in your facts is likely to cause a judge to grant him custody of the child.

Dwayne B. :

It is harassment under the Texas criminal laws.

Customer:

Thank You! He is taking advantage of the fact that I am in financial straights and honestly I can't even think as clearly as I normally would.

Customer:

Dwayne- I really appreciate it. That helps . Alot.

Dwayne B. :

It's not unusual for fathers to make those kind of threats but it takes more than what is involved here to get a child away from their mother.

Dwayne B. :

You're very welcome.

Dwayne B. :

Anything else I can answer for you?

Customer:

no sir. that is great. thak yo so much.

Customer:

You have very much satisfied my inquiry.

Dwayne B. :

Great!

Best wishes to you on this and please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating (of course I’d suggest Excellent!) so I get credit for my work.

Dwayne B. :

I'll exit now to assist others.

Customer:

Absolutely!

Dwayne B. :

Bye!

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney