How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 37356
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Person A lives in PA but bought a horse from B who is in NY.

This answer was rated:

Person A lives in PA but bought a horse from B who is in NY. The horse was found to have been drugged during A's farm visits to B, so the horse behaved drastically differently at A's place. A wants a refund, but B refuses. A is contemplating taking B to court, but in which state should A file? PA or NY?
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
A would have to file suit against B in NY because NY is the state that would have personal jurisdiction over the case and could compel B to appear in court. PA wouldn't have jurisdiction over B unless B was actually served the complaint and summons inside the state.
Barrister and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you