How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was caught driving without ins policy was laps less than

This answer was rated:

I was caught driving without ins policy was laps less than a month and my registration was out other than that I had a clean record for five years do you think I will lose my license I need to go to work to pay fines
Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you.

You will not lose your license. You will have have to pay the fines and demonstrate that you have insurance and registration. On your Court date apologize to the Court for being lax on both items. Show/Tell the judge that you now have both current registration and insurance.

For the registration here is the law on penalties:

(d) Penalty.--Any person violating the provisions of subsection (a) is guilty of a summary offense and shall, upon conviction, be sentenced to pay a fine of $75 or double the registration fee, whichever is greater, except when the vehicle was previously registered in this Commonwealth within 60 days of the commission of the offense whereupon the fine shall be $25.

Since the insurance lapse was less than a month no suspension of driving privileges from the PennDOT

• If PennDOT finds your vehicle was not covered by insurance for a period of 31 days or longer, your registration
will be suspended for three (3) months. In addition, if you operated or permitted the operation of your vehicle
without insurance, your driving privilege will also be suspended for a period of three (3) months.
• In order to have your driving privilege and registration restored, you must submit the following:
 Proof your vehicle is currently insured.
 The required restoration fees.

Please accept my answer with a rating of 3 or better so I may get credit for my response. If you have follow up questions please ask. Please note that paying the deposit does not cause funds to be disbursed until you rate my response (3 or greater).
Jack R. and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you