David C. Garner
David C. Garner, Attorney
Experience:  JD with Distinction, Admitted to practice in California
19551178

Yesterday, I agreed to purchase a vacation at a resort in Mexico

Yesterday, I agreed to purchase a vacation at a resort in Mexico for &799. over the phone. Today I am afraid I made a big mistake. I gave them my AMEX credit card info to pay for it. Is there anything I can do?

David C. Garner :

Hello, are you there?

David C. Garner :

Hello.....

You did not indicate why you wish to get out of this, and more information would be helpful, but the short answer is you need to immediately alert your credit card company to block any such transactions.

I hope this helps.

DCG

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I called my credit card and was told that the transaction had been approved by AMEX and that as it was still pending and the charge had not yet been posted they could not dispute it. I tried to explain that the charge was for the correct amount, but I hat I had changed my mind and did not want the vacation. I was told there was nothing they could do until it was posted.

I'll try and help.

Why do you want to cancel the transaction? Were you pressured or was there another reason.

Please let me know.

DCG

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I did feel pressured to get this deal. My husband wasn't at home and I had no one to advise me. Since that time, I've had second thoughts about the cost and how to tell my husband what I've done.

Ok,

Wait until the charge appears on your credit card. DO NOT PAY it. Dispute it immediately under what the call the "special rule for credit card purchases". You will need to send your credit card company ordering them to remove the charge from your bill. That is the easiest way to get clear of this. The timeshare outfit can then sue you if they want to.

I hope this helps.

DCG