socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

Our development is 22 years old and the developer still owns

Our development is 22 years old and the developer still owns a small parcel of land in the development
Is there a time in which he must turn over control to our HOA? He is not cooperation with the needs of our community to operate under the current condominium laws for the state od North Carolina
The original declaration of covenants of your community may provide for a period during which the declarant can appoint and remove board members, and thereby control the board and the association. N.C.G.S. 47F-3-103(d).

However, if the "period" of control stated in the covenants is unlimited, a court would almost certainly rule that such a covenant is not "bona fide," and pursuant to N.C.G.S. 47F-3-105, the elected board could, by majority vote, terminate the declarant's control entirely.

Please let me know if my answer is helpful or if I can provide further clarification or assistance.

And, thanks for using justanswer.com!

Hello again,

I see that you rated my service as "OK." Experience tells me that customers who rate at this level are generally not entirely satisfied with the service received. If you require further clarification or assistance with this question, please let me know and I will try to help.

Thanks again for using justanswer.com!