How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an issue regarding an error on a police report from

This answer was rated:

I have an issue regarding an error on a police report from a recent car accident. Not a technical error, but a judgement error in the statement the police put down of what happened. I hit the back end of a truck that pulled out in front of me from a side street. He not only was making an illegal turn across a double yellow, (which also wasn't noted) he darted out without giving me enough time to miss him and was still sticking out in my lane, which caused me to hit him. The policeman's statement says I was following him too closely (which isn't true considering he was on a side street) and implies that it was my fault. The diagram that illustrates the positions of our cars after the collision even shows that this wasn't possible from his description. How do I go about getting the info changed or something of the nature so the incident is depicted accurately and frees me of fault? As of now, I'm having to pay almost two thousand dollars for reasons of the wreck being seen as my fault when this wasn't the case at all. And there were no witnesses or cameras around. Thank you.

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you,



Where the police report filed by a police officer who did not even witness the accident is inaccurate, the aggrieved party (you) can file their own report. A police officer's report will not be changed, however, when you file your report and include both an accurate diagram as well as a statement as to how the accident happened and that the police officer did not witness anything, the two reports will have to be read together,



Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,



If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, Please rate a 10 as it gives me a greater opportunity to assist other customers on this website and is greatly appreciated,



Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,




Andrea, Esq. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you