How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am going to be doing a power of attorney for someone in the

This answer was rated:

I am going to be doing a power of attorney for someone in the USA. How do I go about this.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your legal question.

A power of attorney is an agreement between two parties where one party agrees that the other may legally represent it. They can be limited or general, depending on your circumstances. The agreement is not filed with the government. It is held by both parties and it is simply used and kept on file when the POA party is taking an action on behalf of the grantor. A POA can be revoked at anytime.

That being said, may I inquire into what you are trying to accomplish through the POA?

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My boyfriend resides in Elizabeth, CA. He is in hospital & needs me to take over for him financially. I need to know how to go about this.

Thank you for your response.

You want to use the form you can find here:

You and your boyfriend will need to fill out the form and both sign it in front of a notary. You would then need to get a list of all of his obligations and financial accounts and send the business/account issuer a copy of the signed POA and direct all information regarding the account to be copied to your address for handling.
TexLaw and 12 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you