How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116816
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Regarding General magistrates final trial ended in my favor,

This answer was rated:

Regarding General magistrates final trial ended in my favor, if i signed an agreement and paid a lawyers retainer how do i get the attorney paid?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You need to try a renewed motion for the legal fees and attach proper proof. Also, because your attorney does have a interest in this, you need to ask that even though they do not want to get into protracted litigation or appeals, to please help you make sure this motion is done right so she can get paid. Money is usually a great motivator to most attorneys so there is a good chance she will agree to assist on this motion at least.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i agree, I need to try a renewed motion for the legal fees and attach proper proof. Also, because my attorney does have a interest in this,

But you see she evades proper action , she brings up the appeal due to my " case died " language -- I'l try again ( i needed your thinking and agreeing that s I dont need to go to Appeal yet . ) tread softly with an irate person , once more , I hate the idea of a bar complaint ..


Thank you for your response.

I just do not know what you can really appeal at this point based on what you have said and I do not know what she is thinking either. I think you need to try to get her to at least explain and tell her you know she does not want to get more involved, but at least help with the attorney's fees motion and to explain her thoughts on the motion for contempt or motion to compel, not that you are asking her to do them (most times that will at least put her more at ease and make her more cooperative).
Law Educator, Esq. and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you