How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I performed massages at an apartment complex for 4 years I

This answer was rated:

I performed massages at an apartment complex for 4 years I needed help so I went looking for help to run the business the person I went and got was suppose to pay a percentage to me we did not get a chance to get the contract in writing he has basically stolen the business and now claims he no longer wants to do business is there any hope.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I need a bit more information from you before I can proceed to provide you with a complete and thorough answer to your question.

Can you be more specific about what actions he took to steal your business?

Did you have a verbal agreement that he would pay a certain percentage of the massages to you that was done at the apartment complex?

Also, do you have any written record of your communications with him regarding the contract you were working on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi he had written out some statements on his letterhead but nothing came out of it so now he got himself on contract with the apartment complex they only wanted To deal with one person so they did not care how I dealt with him.
Did you have a contract with the apartment complex in the past?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I did and they claim that I am still on contract For now they just wanted to have one person that they needed to deal with so they told me whatever agreement I had with him was totally up to me. He came up with the paper agreement stating that he was to pay me a finders fee of $500 there is no way I would turnover business for $500 when each complex holds about 6-800 residents

You can sue him for tortious interference with contractual relations for interfering in your business relationship with the apartment complex by attempting to steal your business. You would definitely have a good case as he proceeded to contract with the apartment complex itself, knowing that you already had a contract with them and undermining your contract with the complex.

You could claim the amount in damages that you have due to no longer getting the business that you had with the apartment complex.
I’m still unclear as to what, if any, verbal agreement that you had in place with the guy who you contacted. However, if you did have one in place, you can sue him for breach of contract for violating it and going off on his own to contract with the apartment complex.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any clarifying or follow up questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service. Please contact me first if you are contemplating leaving me a negative rating, as I’ll be happy to continue to address your concerns until you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work. Please also rate me highly (9-10) when you receive your customer satisfaction survey as well.

Thanks and best of luck!

Joseph and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can you represent me and if so how much do u charge?