How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years representing clients with their legal issues
Type Your Legal Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter has asked me to become an "Ordained Minister" and

This answer was rated:

My daughter has asked me to become an "Ordained Minister" and officiate at her
wedding. Question #1: Are the on-line offers to issue an certificate as an Ordained
Minister in exchange for payment legal? Question #2: Can I, as mother of the
bride, officiate at her wedding?

Hello and thank you for your question. For over 35 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.


The answer to both your questions is YES though I can understand your hesitation and it may appear odd for the mother of the bride to also perform the ceremony. However, the following may also be helpful:


Minister Licensing Requirements in Colorado

In Colorado there is no government licensing required for a minister to perform marriage.

The minister does not need to be a Colorado resident, though he or she must be at least 18 years old.

Likewise, you will be required to sign the marriage license before it is filed and recorded.



I hope this helps. Please rate my answer ok or better so that I can be paid for assisting you.


dylatess and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you