Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My company is moving our location 45+ - 50+ miles from my primary

residence depending on which route...
My company is moving our location 45+ - 50+ miles from my primary residence depending on which route I take to the new location. The company policy is if the company location moves over 30 miles and 50 miles or more from your primary residence, you are entitled to a severance package in Texas.
Do I have any chance of receiving a severance package in Texas?
10/7/2013
Sam, Attorney at Law
Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

Have you discussed this with your company? Because if that is the company policy, the state has nothing to do with it.

Not yet.

Hello

Ok. Thank you

If the company policy is as you say they have to adhere to the policy. If they do not then I suggest you bring a discrimination lawsuit against the company because when there is a policy in place they have to follow it.

I suggest that the courts in the state of Texas would make the company adhere to the policy.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.

I restated my question to make it clearer for you to understand. There are numerous routes to the new location depending on which you choose, the mileage can vary from 45+ to 50+ miles. Am I bound by the 50 miles or more from the primary residence company policy or not is my question.

Hello

I see. Thank you for the clarification.

You are bound to take the shortest route and even though it is 50 miles away by another route, a court would tell you to take the shortest route as will your company.

I apologize for my confusion.

Sam, Attorney at Law

Ok, thank you

Sam, Attorney at Law