How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MyraB Your Own Question
MyraB, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 371
Experience:  I have over 20 years experience in criminal law and civil litigation from pre-trial practice to appeal.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MyraB is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Under FL rules of civil procedure 1.340 you can ask for a request

This answer was rated:

Under FL rules of civil procedure 1.340 you can ask for a request for admissions, up to 30 admissions but you can also ask for a written interrogatories up to 30. Does this mean you can do both? Can I send 30 questions for the Request for Admissions and another 30 for Request for Interrogatories?

Also, would my ex have to answer in 30 days or 45 days? He is the one filing against me. Here's what the rules say... <<

Hello and thank you for your question.

Under the rules you can serve both - 30 Requests for Admissions AND 30 Interrogatories.

The response to the Requests for Admissions and Interrogatories are due within 30 days after service. Therefore, your ex would have 30 days to answer.

The only time a party would have 45 days to respond or answer is if the Requests or Interrogatories were served with the Complaint, meaning if your ex served a Request for Admissions or Interrogatories on you at the same time as the Complaint against you, you would have 45 days to respond. At all other times a party has 30 days to respond from the time of service of each. However, a party might also request an extension to answer by agreement with the other party, or seek an extension of time to answer from the court.

Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions.

MyraB and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you