How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a respondents original answer General denial on

This answer was rated:

I received a respondent's original answer General denial on my 12 year old son change of a name of a minor case.The father ask financial relieve for attorney fees after he was giving 2 options to sign the waiver and returne it on the pre-paid envelopes.After many attends to serve the Citation to the father in new york from texas was a 5 month delay. What is the next step I should take? Please help

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you.


After your Petition was filed, the Clerk's office should have scheduled a name change hearing and issued a citation. The citation must be served on the father using the accepted service methods. It sound like this has been completed. You should have received proofs of service for the citations served. If not you will need to casue the citations to be served on the father. This will contain the date of the hearing.


Make copies of the proof of service. Take the proof of service and copies to the clerks office for filing.. Make sure to get a stamped copy back of all proofs of service you file. You will need to attend the hearing on the scheduled date. If the father show up he will need to state reason why he is opposing the change. You will need to explain why you want the name changed.


You can confirm with the clerk a couple of days before the scheduled hearing date to make sure there are no issues e.g. father requested a continuance or delay.


The judge will listed to your statement and then make a ruling and sign an order if the name change is granted.


Please accept my response with an rating of 3 or better so I may get compensated for my response. Even though you made a deposit the funds will not be credited to me until you rate me appropriately. If you have follow up questions please ask.

Jack R. and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you