David C. Garner
David C. Garner, Attorney
Experience:  JD with Distinction, Admitted to practice in California
19551178

I need help! Im trying to verify if there is a felony on my

I need help! I'm trying to verify if there is a felony on my record. I have all the information relating to my charge. It is AS11.46.130(A)(1) in the state of Anchorage Ak and it took place 1989 and the disposition was in 1994, it was a No Contest Plea Prior to Conversion. There was no jail time served. I have a copy of my criminal history report from the Dept of Public Safety and it shows 2 cts AS 11.46.130A1 and it also shows POS ID: N Felony: Y Disp, and POS ID: N Felony: N Disp and POS ID: Y Felony: N Disp. Please help!

David C. Garner :

Hello, are you there?

David C. Garner :

Hello.....

David C. Garner :

Hello...

Have you tried talking to the public safety department to determine their notations? They seem inconsistent with the statute and understanding their shorthand would be helpful.

DCG

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Mr. Garner,

Did not know we could chat online, I was told to give email and you would give a response to my concerns. Does it look like I have a felony with the information provided. It also says all records prior to 10/20/03 are converted records. I will call Public Safety and mail the Clerks Office inquiry on question and concerns.

Based on what I can see, the charge itself is a class C felony. Without seeing your exact rap sheet, and going strictly off what you provided, it would seem it was not coded as a felony. I some cases there are reporting errors on rap sheets.

As Alaska has no expungement law, and if to your knowledge this is NOT being reported as a felony, I would tread lightly before I engaged the state to verify the record.

I hope this helps.

DCG