How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Swartz Your Own Question
Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3171
Experience:  Twenty one years experience as a lawyer in New York and New Jersey. Former Appellate Law Clerk.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Thomas Swartz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Because of denial, I want to audio record my spouse in our

This answer was rated:

Because of denial, I want to audio record my spouse in our home. This would be done without written or oral consent. This is done to backup my case of verbal abuse.

In Georgia you are allowed to record the conversations between people so long as you are a party to that conversation or at least person to the conversation consents to the recording (Georgia Code § 16-11-62 and § 16-11-66). So, since you are a party to the conversations between you and your spouse, you are legally allowed to record the conversation. You can find the above referenced provisions of the Georgia Code Here.

I hope this answers you question.

Thomas Swartz and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you