How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is having a bit of a problem getting his license renewed

Customer Question

My son is having a bit of a problem getting his license renewed in Maryland because he has a hit on the National Driving Registry for 3 underage non-vehicular drinking violations in PA. He never had a license in PA or car while he was going to school, but it is a PA LAW to suspend his license in PA (which he never had) first offense for 3 months, 2nd offense 1 year, and offense 2 years. The 2 years does not end until April 23rd 2014. We have a Finding of Fact report from a hearing with an Administrative Law Judge in MD that says the factual scenerio does not meet the statutory requirements of TR 16-201 for cancellation of a license in MD Also the Licensee's PA license was not suspended, since he never had a PA license in the first place , so TR 16-103.1(1) does not apply. However my son's license is expired (still good to drive on for a year) except State Farm will cancel his insurance in a month which will make him ineligible to drive at all. I need to find an attorney in PA who can help me get this resolved. The only attorneys I can find on line are DUI attorneys and they won't take this case. Where are the General License attorneys in PA? The law in PA is to put a hit on the DOT National registry, for non-vehicular offenses and it is wrong. The law in MD states if you have a hit on the National Driving Registry, no matter for what, they will not let you renew your license, even though an Administrative Law Judge here dictates that his license should not be cancelled. Please help me. Thanks.

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

I am afraid that legally we cannot represent your son or make personal referrals, you have to try the same sites used by other attorneys, or or to locate a PA attorney for representation, you need a criminal defense attorney for this.

You can get your deposit back from this site by contacting customer service at