Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

help for a written deposition in Pa. i got the subpoena but

help for a written deposition...

help for a written deposition in Pa. i got the subpoena but do i just, caption it, name of deposed for and title? then ask my ques.'s with a space to answer with a part where they sign as true and etc.?  Also to a out of state person can't attend trial

10/2/2013
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you again.

Please understand that the laws do not allow us to provide you legal advice or representation, all we can do is direct you to the rules on the issue which do state as you said in your question as proper. See: PA Rule 4004 and Rule 4006.

They would sign their answers and have it notarized. When you get to trial you would have to file a motion in court to introduce the deposition in lieu of live testimony.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as http://www.martindale.com or http://www.lexmundi.com or http://www.hg.org to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.

just as an interrogatory, you're saying I think..makes sense I would just title it as deposition of so &so,if you can say As such could I hand write it?

That is correct, they call written depositions depositions on written interrogatories, which just means written questions.

I would type them, it looks more professional and there are no mistakes about what it says claiming the handwriting could not be read.

a matter of convenience,for trial though a good idea.. I realize such, at bottom can I say I do swear as the above answered ques.'s as stated are true and honest to my recall, and as a rule of court need to be notarized..to be clear to them, acyually can I include the last page of interrogatories, w/my name and address on it and then say it needs to be notarized, that may be better

It needs to be notarized, yes and it needs to be answered in accordance with the rules I gave you above as well. Then you can move the court because the party is unavailable to testify to admit the written deposition.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney