How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118281
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How come nobody is attempting to sue John Boehner for his refusal

This answer was rated:

How come nobody is attempting to sue John Boehner for his refusal to allow the House to vote on the "clean" resolution already passed by the Senate? By refusing to allow this vote, Boehner is violating democratic principles. Isn't it possible to sue him, to legally force him to take the bill for a vote? If not, why is it not possible?
thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

It is not possible to sue any of the congressmen over this, since there is a constitutional doctrine called "separation of powers" and the courts cannot hear matters involving a political question, which is what this is considered in addition to it being a separate power issue delegated to Congress. Thus, you could no more sue Boehner than you could sue Reid for rejecting the compromise proposed by the House. This is purely a political question solely in the constitutional power of congress and the courts are not allowed to get involved.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.

Law Educator, Esq. and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you