How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 30384
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Morning.... How do I vacate a judgement in Tennessee. I have

This answer was rated:

How do I vacate a judgement in Tennessee.
I have reached a settlement with the plaintiff.
Thanks, Customer

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

If you and the plaintiff have reached an agreement, you can file a Joint Motion for Relief from Judgment, explaining to the judge that the parties have reached a settlement and asking that the judgment be vacated and the case be dismissed, consistent with the terms of the agreement. There isn't a specific form that must be used. Usually, the settlement agreement would be attached to the motion so the judge can see that the case has been resolved.

It's something that the parties can create on their own, sign and file. It is easier if the other party also signs the motion, because then the judge may be able to take action right away, without waiting to see if the plaintiff files a response.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Lucy, Esq. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you.


You're welcome. Have a good day.