How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 102584
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a porsche from a dealer in il and its been three months

This answer was rated:

I bought a porsche from a dealer in il and its been three months since he hasn't given my title. I traded in two cars with clean title worth $120,000 now no tile is this a good faith deal where I can make a report and get my title from Porsche? wwho and how do I do that.
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am very sorry for your situation. Can you please tell me:

1) Have you tried asking them for the title?
2) If so, what has their reply been - why are they so late?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes I asked many times. I believe he has done this to many people. how do i proceed with good faith buyer.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

are you in Ill,cook country


Before I answer, it is important for me to know what - if any - reason was given to you for their delay in giving the title?

Or, do they simply ignore you and are not even giving a reason?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

not any reason I've know the dealer for over 25 yrs

Okay, thank you.

If the dealer continues to delay and not provide title to the vehicle, someone in your situation may wish to file for what is known as a declaratory judgment in Court under 735 ILCS 5/2-701 et seq. This will ask the Court to have them ORDERED to sign the title over to you.

Often however, a certified letter threatening this will do the trick, as they will fear litigation which may end up costing them even more.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Ely and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you