How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 34011
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I am total disabled. I am honorably discharged from

Customer Question

I am total disabled. I am honorably discharged from USAF. I live in Madison County NC. I am behind on county taxes and being told that a lien is going to be placed on my primary morgaged home. Will you PLEASE help?
Thank You For Your Time
Dennis Shelton
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.

Before we begin, a bit more detail would be helpful please.

Do you have a tax escrow with the lender?

Have you discussed the tax issue with the lender?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No tax escrow. I have not contacted them, I can not afford any increase.

I have two minor children and I am a single Dad.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
The answer is info I already knew. I need to know local help such as the 45,000 exempt for honorably discharged NC vets. Maybe low income legal help.
Expert:  Loren replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information Dennis. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you, but I believe I have information which you will find helpful.

It is important that you be proactive in this matter. I strongly suggest that you contact your lender. A tax sale and subsequent deed will wipe out their interest as well as yours. They should be willing to work with you to pay the overdue taxes. They may want to set up a tax escrow, but they should be willing to work with you to modify the loan so that you can dig out from the hole.

This can be accomplished by extending the term of the loan or making interest only payments for a certain period.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information. I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you. I am here for you.

Since this forum is no substitute for your own legal counsel, be sure to verify the information I have provided with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures.

I am happy to answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction.

Thank you.