Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I hired an attorney but he had stopped communicating with me.

Customer Question
I contacted the Florida Bar...
I hired an attorney but he had stopped communicating with me. I contacted the Florida Bar and made a complaint. The attorney responded by having his assistent call me and tell me that unless I paid him $3500.00 more he would withdraw from my case. I have a contract with the attorney for a flat fee. What can I do? This case is about to go to trial.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Legal
10/1/2013
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 4 years ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. Why is the attorney asking for an additional $3500 if the contact was for a flat fee? Is this for a trial fee and if so, was the trial included in the scope of the representation? Also, when is the trial?
Hi. I just wanted to follow up and see if you had a chance to respond to my information request above. Thank you.

I don't need help with this question

Tina, Lawyer