Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

What is the jurisdictional limit of small claims courts? What

Customer Question

What is the jurisdictional limit of small claims courts? What is the N.C. Gen. Stat. citation? When was the dollar amount last changed?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

At this time in North Carolina the limit of small claims is set at $10,000. The law quite recently changed as of August 2013, as the past limitation was set at $5,000. The citation is G.S. 7A - 210, you can find the full amended law right here:

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/Sessions/2013/Bills/Senate/PDF/S452v5.pdf

Good luck.

Thank you for your follow up.

In your previous thread you asked if an online system exists for small claims. My apologies but it does not. Such a system has not been created yet.

Good luck.