How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31766
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, assuming for the moment what I am saying is the truth,

Resolved Question:

Hello, assuming for the moment what I am saying is the truth, what may be my options in general? Evidentiary hearing is held. Court makes a fact finding that cannot be construed from the testimony but can be from allegations made outside of the courtroom (ie facially extrajudicial - if I used the term correctly). Said fact found by the court is not only libelous but implicity forms a basis for the court's final judgment. I know appealing is an option (and in process), but are there are other manners to address such a baseless finding (again, assuming it truly is)? The finding was very disparaging to one party and very much appears to be only supportable by communications outside of said hearing.

One other question: if being asked to cover opposed counsel's fees, do I have a right to review the attorney invoice in terms of time spent, etc.? I understand attorney-client privilege but seems to me one should have a right to inspect a bill in some manner if being demanded to pay for it. Do I just ask for redaction of some form?

Thank you.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 3 years ago.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.

The main option would be to file an appeal and claim that the court's findings based on the facts presented is clearly erroneous. If the decision doesn't conform to the evidence, then there should be grounds to appeal.

Other than an appeal, a motion to reconsider can be filed, and it could be pointed out that the allegations used to make the decision are not the facts presented in the case.

Also, you could file a motion for relief from the judgment and claim that it was obtained by fraud, mistake or some other issue under Fl. Rule of Civ. Proc. 1.540 (

As for paying the fees of the other attorney, you would have the right to review the invoices/detailed billing in order to validate the amounts claimed to be due.
Roger and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you