How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118058
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

About 15 years ago in Queens NY, I was arrested for driving

This answer was rated:

About 15 years ago in Queens NY, I was arrested for driving with a suspended license (I didn't know that I neglected to pay the surcharge on an expired inspection ticket I received the previous year. Moved 3 times that year, never received the notice in the mail). Went to court, under advice of PD, plead guilty to driving without a license. All summons & fees were paid, my license was immediately reinstated. My question - because of my arrest, I need a letter of disposition to submit with my pistol license application. I don't remember the date of arrest, and I don't have a docket number. Wondering if I even need to disclose this info, since diving w/out a license is only a summons, not a misdemeanor... and if so, how do I go about obtaining a letter of disposition without any of the information they require I submit? Thanks for your help.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Driving on a suspended license is a misdemeanor, which will show on your arrest record. You will need to go to the court where this arrest occurred and speak to the clerk of court and get a letter from them explaining you pled guilty to an infraction/violation and not a misdemeanor and that is what needs to be submitted with the application. You have to disclose, because the arrest for the misdemeanor would show up on your criminal record, so you have to show you were never convicted of the misdemeanor charge.

The clerk of court where your case was heard would be able to find the case information with your name and date of birth and they will be able to pull up the information.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you