How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to fill out medicaid papers for my disabled hubby

This answer was rated:

I am trying to fill out medicaid papers for my disabled hubby and I need to know when he got his 1 st. SS. Benefit. I know he signed up as as he was elgible to and his BD is 08/24/1941. How do I find this out?
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

If I may ask, do you have a formal 'power of attorney' on your husband at this time?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I do.


Thank you for your follow-up.

That is excellent. What you would need to do is contact the Social Security Administration directly. Provide them with a copy of the POA and request such information. The SSA would then have no choice but to grant you such information since as a POA holder, you are acting on your spouse's behalf.

To get such information you can go to their website at or call them directly at 1-800-772-1213 . The system is automated but they do have live assistance M-F from 7 AM to 7 PM EST.

Hope that helps!

Dimitry K., Esq. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you