How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i recently moved to the big island, and mailed 2 oz of medical

This answer was rated:

i recently moved to the big island, and mailed 2 oz of medical marijuana, for which i have a MD prescription in california, to my new hawaii address but the UPS tracking site says it was diverted to the federal government. i'm disabled and rely on the MM. what should i do? pete
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, marijuana is illegal under the federal law, regardless of whether a certain state allows it for medical use and mailing marijuana between two different states actually constitutes federal felony crime under the federal law and unfortunately it is likely that you would be questions by the DEA agents shortly and potentially can face federal felony drug charges.

At this point the best thing to do is to consult and retain local criminal defense attorney who is experienced in federal drug cases and not to say anything to anyone about this situation, without your attorney being present, since anything that you say will only be used against you in any upcoming criminal case against you.

You can find an experienced local criminal defense attorney by using this well trusted and reliable attorney information / referral websites:

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.

Alex J. Esq. and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you