How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 102320
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

international wire transfer money limit for education

This answer was rated:

international wire transfer money limit for education please tnx
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

There is no limit for an international money wire transfer for education (or any other purpose) under the United States Code (federal law) or California law.

The limit, if any, would be established by your financial institution which you are using to wire the money. Typically, it is $500.000.00 per day. Most banks would not allow you to transfer more than that.

There is no international law as to how much money can be received by another country's financial institution. Internationally,most wire transfers are done via the International Bank Account Number and/or the SWIFT-BIC systems, which are voluntary organizational entities that do not limit the amount.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Good luck.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Ely and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ineed detail amount

Friend, what do you mean exactly? As in what amount maximum can be wired (which, as explained, is none, unless limited by the financial institution)? Or simply a broader overview of wiring money?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

im going university here and ineed 60000 doller for education thats my answer is that gon be problem for me i have to be report to irs or not tnx againe

Friend - wiring $6,000 to a USA institution is not a problem at all, or ay least, should not be. There is no need to 'declare' it to the IRS. The financial institution that receives the money may disclose it to the IRS, but simply as a matter of business and not to implicate you in anything. This should not be an issue.
Ely and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions