Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I wrote to you about my sister-in-law and gifted funds and

I wrote to you about...

I wrote to you about my sister-in-law and gifted funds and whether or not I have to return them. My sister-in-law has taken her games out of the house and posted what we deem to be slander/defamation of character against my wife on a public face book page seen by 10's of thousands of people. My wife and I felt the best thing to do is not reply on this forum.

What legal recourse do we have if any? My wife is her only sister.

FB Page: * Heart Touching Fun * Sisters Week Posting Response below.

Dawn Bowman Too the sister I still love and miss very much. You are still in my heart, a part of my soul and always will be the best friend I've ever had; EVEN THOUGH YOU HATE ME, KICKED ME OUT OF OUR HOME, REFUSED TO EVEN TRY AND TALK THINGS OUT OR LISTEN & HEAR ME, ALLOWED YOUR PRIDE & EGO DICTATE YOUR DECISIONS ( Not to mention the over consumption of alcohol), TORE OUR FAMILY APART WITH LIES AND DECEPTION, WAS HYPERCRITICAL & EGOMANIACAL FOR YOUR FRIENDS AND HUSBAND, AND PROVED TO YOUR TRUSTING, EMOTIONALLY & IMPRESSIONABLE TEENAGE NEPHEW ( That YOU Helped ME Birth into This World & and Are Even the Reason HE Was Given the Name HE Has) AS WELL ARE HIS GODMOTHER, FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER IN OUR ENTIRE LIVES STOOD UP FOR MYSELF AGAINST YOU LET ALONE THOUGHT FOR MYSELF AND FINALLY USED THE VOICE YOU YOURSELF HAVE BEEN TELLING ME AND ENCOURAGING ME TO FIND & USE FOR MORE THAN 25 Yrs.......INSTEAD YOU THROW ME & MY SON OUT OF THE VERY HOME I PUT THE MONEY DOWN FOR ( not anyone else)......AND YOU---YOU---HAVE THE AUDACITY TO DECLARE --*ME*--DEAD TO YOU!!!!! Thank You! May the Goddess Bless you and perhaps in your next life you will finally find Peace and Serenity for you and your Demons.

9/24/2013
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you,

I am sorry that your sister in law is giving you such grief. Defamatory statements are not only disturbing, but they are really destructive. You have legal recourse, however. Your sister in law should be sued for slander (the spoken word), libel (the written word) and for defamation of character. In order to prevail in such an action, the Plaintiff must prove the four elements of a defamation of character action which are the following:

1. The Defendant made false and defamatory statements against the Plaintiff;

2. The Defendant knew the statements were false, or made in reckless disregard of the truth;

3. The Defendant "Published" these defamatory statements and by Published is meant that they were made to a third person; and

4. The Plaintiff suffered damages to name and reputation in the community.

A demand for an injunction would also be part of the action so that the Judge would Order theDefendant to immediately cease and desist making those statements and not to make any such statements in the future and if she continues she will be subject to additional damages as well as being in Contempt of Court for violating the Court Order to cease and desist,

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, Please rate a 10 as it gives me a greater opportunity to assist other customers on this website and is greatly appreciated,

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney