How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was born in Arizona, and my birth certificate showed a middle

This answer was rated:

I was born in Arizona, and my birth certificate showed a middle name of logie. However, through the years, I started using either no middle name or Arthur. All my documents, including my passport, show Arthur as middle name. I reside in nevada but work in the Dominican Republic. When my documentation went through, it showed different middle names, and I cannot get residency because of this. I need to legally change my name. Where and how do i go about this? In Arizona, in Nevada, and what forms can I use? It would be easier to do this all over the internet if possible.

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

In which county in NV do you reside?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I reside in Elko, nevada. I went to the count house and they gave me a list of website, dealing with ALL legal problems or advice in Nevada.

Hello again, Eric, and thank you for clarifying this for me.

Unfortunately, that is not one of the courts which publishes its own forms to obtain a name change, but you could use the forms available from one of the other counties to draft your own petition to file with the court. Here is a link which provides name change forms for Clark County, which can be used as a template to draft your own petition in Elko:

Since you reside in NV, that is normally where you would file the petition for name change with the court, but the Elko court does not appear to accept electronic filings for this from non-attorneys, so if you cannot file the petition in person, you may wish to consider retaining an Elko attorney to represent you in this matter. It should not cost very much as it is a rather routine matter.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate my service when I have answered your questions so I will be compensated for my time assisting you. Thank you!


Tina and 9 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you