How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117369
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I kicked my 22 year old daughter out of my house and want her

This answer was rated:

I kicked my 22 year old daughter out of my house and want her to come during daylight hours to get the rest of her stuff. I keep telling her to come get her things but she only tries to come late at night after 11pm. and only takes a couple of things at a time. What can I legally do to get her things off my property during the day and what is the time frame I have to wait before I can dispose of her things if she hasn't picked them up? I live in Georgia and there was never a rental agreement between us.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

You need to give her a written notice giving her 30 days to remove her property and you need to inform her the hours she can come and get her things and that she is to remove them all at once. Tell her if they are not removed by that date you will place all of her things on the curb and it is up to her to deal with those items. You need to do this in an actual letter to establish proper proof of notice.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not know where she is living. How can I get the notice to her?

The next time she appears you can hand her the letter and in that event you can give her 14 days to remove the property. As an alternative you can tell her you are boxing her things in a text message and that you are putting them in storage for 30 days and after that she recovers them from the storage place or they will auction them off for non-payment as you are only paying for the first 30 days and anything else is on her.
Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you