Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My son is in jail in Alabama for possible child abuse charges

in Los Angeles. What...
My son is in jail in Alabama for possible child abuse charges in Los Angeles. What should we do?
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2013
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Was your son arrested in Alabama on a felony arrest warrant issued in Los Angeles court?

Yes California had him arrested and they are holding him in AL

Thank you for your follow up.

What is your specific legal question for me?

We need a lawyer in Los Angeles to represent him. Do you have any suggestions. He states it was an accident. He did not intend to hurt his child.

Thank you for your follow up.

Do you know the exact criminal charge that your son is facing?

There are not charges filed. They want him back for questioning. He missed a court date on 9/16/13 in Ca. The same date he received the notice.

Thank you for your follow up.

If your son was arrested on an arrest warrant that means there is a criminal charge pending against him in LA.

Can you please let me know what type of court date did he miss? In what type of case?

It was for custody hearing for he and his wife's other child. The three month old child is in the hospital. Shaken baby.

Thank you for your follow up.

It is important for your son to consult and retain an experienced local Los Angeles criminal defense attorney given potential allegations and potential major criminal charges of child abuse.

Unfortunately, your son will be held in custody in Alabama, until authorities from California come and pick him up to be transported to the court in LA.

You can find an experienced local LA criminal defense attorney by using this well trusted and reliable attorney information / referral websites:

www.martindale.com

www.lexmundi.com

www.lawyers.com

www.justia.com

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law