Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Under the 72 hour hold or "Baker Act" as it is known in Florida,

Under the 72 hour hold or "Baker Act" as it is known in Florida, can a person be placed on another 72 hour hold immediately? They have been held now for 98 hours involuntarily.
Hello

My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I will provide information for you in this regard.

Within the 72 hours, it may be extended if the facility administrator has filed a Petition with the court

Otherwise, they may not be held involuntarily longer than the 72 hours

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Also, be sure to verify this information with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.